Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party!

I don't believe I've ever been inclined to do anything that requires a steady hand and a blade thus my whole life has been void of me performing brain surgery, scalping, and other activities.  Hell, I can't even cut a straight line on a piece of paper with a pair of kiddie scissors (still not allowed to buy the adult ones with pointy tips).

Having said all this one might be able to see the predicament I'm in by attending and participating in a pumpkin carving party this evening.  I feel like it will end up looking very asymmetrical and at best like I attacked an innocent pumpkin that was minding it's own goddamn business.  I do love the genius idea of having a pumpkin carving party (Thanks Matt and Britney!) so tonight should be good fun.  I do feel like the word 'genius' is thrown around too much and it reminds me of the very, very, very, few times I've been called a genius (non-sarcastically) by one of my friends.  I always reply something to the effect of "Just because I'm smarter than you, it doesn't necessarily make me a genius, it just means that I'm not retarded'.  I wonder why I don't get more compliments, I obviously take them well.  I'm not really a big fan of using the word 'retarded' anymore but boy did I ever used to be.  An expensive pack of candy or cd or a long line or that weird thing in your hair could have been retarded to me in the past.  But not now.  I like to think I've grown in some ways.

You're welcome for the tangent - the party should be dope.  I'll try to take and post pics.

Have a good one,

The Chairman

1 comment: